Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dar es Salaam

Hello! I have made it safe and sound to Dar es Salaam. I met up with the Sustain Foundation university scholar, Remmy, at the airport. I am so glad she was there to meet me! She brought two of her friends, Samson and Maka, who picked us up in a car. The first thing Sam said was "Welcome to Tanzania, the best place in the world!"

First impressions: Everyone is so friendly! I got hugs and kisses right away. We got in the car and all the popular songs on the radio started blasting. I felt right at home. I am starting to pick up some Swahili but all of Remmy's friends speak excellent English, so there hasn't been a language barrier yet. Everyone is also much more laid back.

That being said, I am so glad I have a friend here. I have learned so much in the last 24 hours about how Tanzanians live and view their country. They have a lot of pride for their country and just seem happier overall.

My internet time is running out, but I'll write again soon with some stories and better descriptions. Also, my email is having problems loading, sorry family! Love you and talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! Glad to see that you're having a great time already! Miss you Kong Anhe!!!

    Adam (Preslar)

    ReplyDelete